Have you ever fallen in love more with the dies than with the stamp set?
That is how I felt when I first saw this suite. It was the dies that drew me to them. Maybe because my family is very outdoors and we love to camp, hike and bike and I thought these would be perfect to make cards for them and scrapbook pages. When I started to play with this stamp set I really wanted to use the blending brushes in a unique and different way. I chose to use the dies to cut out a template that I held to create a layered effect on the card. Rather than having a blended look by using the template I was able to create depth to the background without adding more layers. I finished it off by layering cardstock that I embossed the saying on with white embossing powder and the used one of the die cut images as a focal point.
I originally created this card as a swap with my Stampin’ Up! team and I’m happy to report that I was one of the winners of the swap with this card. Here is a close up picture where you can see the detail better.
After creating the card for the swap I decided I wanted to see what I could come up with using some of the other images and sayings in the set. Here’s what I came up with. What do you think? I still like the first one the best, but I like these as well. I know I’ve said this before, but I’m sad this one didn’t carry over from the mini catalog as I think it’s a great set and I love the dies.
- 160588 – Greatest Journey (R) (M)
- 160593 – Greatest Journey Dies (R) (M)
- 160594 – Greatest Journey Bundle (R) (M)
- 160597 – Three Twine Combo Pack, Pumpkin Pie, (R) (M)
- 160518 – Small Blending Brushes (C) (M)
- 153611 – Blending Brushes (C)
- 160519 – Blending Brush Storage (C) (M)
- 155554 – Stampin’ Emboss Powders, White, (C)
- 129053 – Heat Tool (C)
- 147277 – Craft Stampin’ Ink, White (C)
- Colors – Mango Melody (R), Cajun Craze (C), Orchid Oasis (C), Highland Heather (C), Starry Sky (C), Basic Gray (C), Basic Black (C), Basic White (C)
(R) Retiring, (C) Carrying Over, (M) Found in the Mini Catalog
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Click on the shop now button.
Contact me today to place your order
or book your party!
435-232-2655 Cell ( Call or Text)
email@example.com Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.