If you’ve never tried cracked glass before then you really need to try this fun technique. It’s really simple.
- Stamp your image however you want it to look. I actually stamped mine and then colored it in.
- Make sure your paper is cut to the size the you want your final piece to be.
- Third cover the entire piece of paper with versa mark ink. I just press my paper right down into the pad.
- Sprinkle Glassy Glaze embossing powder over the entire page. (This is the ultra thick embossing powder.)
- Heat until melted.
- Let cool a minute and then repeat steps 3-5.
- Let cool and repeat steps 3-5. This should be your third time. It should be really thick and look watery on the page.
- Put the paper in the Freezer. Let is sit for 10 to 15 minutes. You wanted it to be cold and really solid. It will usually curl up.
- Remove from freezer and bend back gently cracking the the the embossing powder. Be sure to only bend slightly so that you don’t actually crease your card-stock.
- Continue bending until you have your desired look. You can also put it back in the freezer for a minute if it is starting to get soft.
- Make sure you crack it immediately. It won’t crack at room temperature.
- Finish your project as desired.
Here is a sample of the card I made using this fun technique. I will try to get pictures posted of the actual steps a little later.
Try it to day on one of your projects